As the weather gets a little colder, it's time to move away from the salads and into the soup season. This Pumpkin and Carrot soup is delicious and has alot of flavour from the roasting of the vegies to the added ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon spices.
Both pumpkin and carrots are a great source of antioxidants that boost your immune system to warn off colds and flu and are also high in fibre and beta carotene.
Follow this recipe for your own home made soups that you can batch up for the freezer for emergency lunches and dinners and because you made it yourself, there's no colours, preservatives, sugar or salt like packaged or canned soups so it's better for you!
1 Jap pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celcius
2. Peel and chop the pumpkin and carrots into small chunks and lay on a baking tray with baking paper
3. Drizzle with olive oil
4. Sprinkle the nutmeg and cinnamon on top of the pumpkin and carrot pieces
5. Roast for 45 minutes until golden brown
6. Pop the vegies into either a food processor or large pot and add 2-3 cups of water and the ground ginger and blend until smooth in the food processor or in the pot with a stick blender
Serve hot with a crusty sourdough bread roll and fresh or dried parsley and enjoy!
Suzanne The Lifestylist
#pumpkinsouprecipe #pumpkinandcarrothomemadesoup #souprecipes #healthysouprecipes #carrotsoup #vegansoups #vegetariansoups #healthycooking #nourishingsoups #lowfodmaprecipes #glutenfreerecipe #iquitsugarrecipe