This recipe is gluten free, dairy free and vegan and is very rich so one slice is always enough as a treat. It's simple to make and tastes delicious and they actually get tastier with time as they will last a couple of weeks in the fridge when the coconut enhances. Take them out of the fridge when you're ready to serve as they melt in your hands quickly. There's no baking with this one. All you need is a 16cm shallow cake tin and a food processor to get started.
4 cups shredded coconut
1/2 cup tinned coconut milk
1/2 cup rice malt syrup
1/3 cup coconut oil
160 ml coconut oil
160ml rice malt syrup
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Line your cake tin with baking paper
2. To make the base, put all the base ingredients in a food processor and mix well scraping down the sides as you go.
3. Put the base mix into the tin and pat it down to ensure the base is even and level. Freeze to set for approx 30 mins
4. Next make the topping with all the topping ingredients in the food processor and pulse until combined. Spread the topping over the frozen base and put back in the freezer for about 1 hour.
5. Remove from the freezer and cut into squares and refrigerate.
Lifestylist Health & Wellness